Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Wednesday Update:

Not really a lot to report as I didn't see Roy at all today as I had an at home day.

I didn't have that great a sleep last night as the reality of what life will eventually be like hit home rather hard at bedtime. And yet as I spend these days alone I know that for now it's isn't real as Roy is just at the end of the phone, so I am really in a surreal situation for the time being - experiencing life alone, but not alone - I guess is a mixed up way that actually makes sense.

I also had a few times today where I felt totally overwhelmed by absolutely everything that's going on and going to need doing and then God in His perfect timing sends me words of comfort and support through an email and a letter from 2 dear friends.  Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words - you touched my heart and brought me to tears - but that's ok, cause that's just the kind of day I've had.

Today with a bit of encouragement from a very special lady I found my assertive bone and set about sorting and arranging some 'stuff'.  I am pleased to report that as a result Roy know has a brand new 'state of the art' 4 wheel drive machine (aka stroller) - it comes with a carry bag and tray table and a much more padded seat and is a shiny black colour - very classy indeed.

Also ordered today was a hospital bed, commode, and a base for under Roy's lazy boy chair to make it a bit higher and easier for him to get out of.  All going well these things will be delivered before the weekend.

The business 'stuff' has been caught up on, the washing has also been caught up on and has been folded and put away, the house has been vacuumed, and I made a trip to the post office to mail some parcels - all in all a good days effort and it definitely felt good to be busy.  I would have loved to also get some sewing done, but that was not to be.

I spoke to Roy twice today and he has had a good day.  He reported that he snoozed (his words) for a while this morning and feels a lot more with it.  He has a bit more of an appetite, however his blood pressure is still too low, although it has come up from yesterday so that's good news.  He is still not allowed to walk around unaided and is being kept under observation.

Daughter Aimee and her family went to see Roy this afternoon and she phoned me tonight to say that he was 100 times better than yesterday when she'd seen him and in her words "normal, like Dad again" - so that was awesome to hear.

So all up it's been a good if somewhat emotional day and it sure was great to see the sunshine again.

Time for a cup of tea I think and a wee chocolate indulgence cause I think I deserve it ;0)

Hugs and blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment