Sunday, 19 January 2014

I am pleased to say that I have been mouse free this week.  However I did get up one morning to find a bird inside (not a little one either, a big Thrush) - it always amazes me that my floor can be covered in bird feather and yet the bird still has it's clothes on, they must have lots and lots of feathers.  This bird had a fortunate escape from the cat as I finally found it sitting on the window sill in the kitchen - I opened the window and off he/she flew.

I've been told that I should write a book about the mouse adventures from last week and I have been thinking about maybe giving it a go.  I will have to change the ending somewhat though as I don't think 'swimming lessons' is a good way to go.  I'll see what I can come up with.  Maybe this is the start of a whole new endeavour for me. That project I was talking about a few weeks ago.

So my week has again speed by.  On Monday I spent the day looking after a sick wee man.  Noah had become unwell while we were down in Wellington last week Sunday.  Although he was eating ok he had a raging temp of over 38 degrees and no energy to do anything but have cuddles and sleep. I was more than happy to give him as many Oma cuddles as he needed. We even had a wee nap together.  Aimee took him to the doctor and his ears, throat and chest were all fine so it was probably a viral thing.  It took Noah about 2 days to get over it and now he is back to his normal chipper happy self.

On Wednesday a very good friend came to stay for a few nights for a 'sleepover'.  We've been friends since we were 13 years old and way back then we regularly had sleepovers - where we would chat till all hours of the night, or rather morning.  We decided since it was school holidays we'd have a sleepover for old time sake - and we had a great time - just not with the late into the night chatting, probably because we are older and wiser now.  Well maybe a little bit wiser but definitely a lot older.  Although I'm still on the down side of 50 - if only for another few weeks, while Diana is over that hill - if only just.  It was great to spend time reminiscing over the 'good old day', the people we knew back then and the things we used to get up to together.  They were fun times with great memories.  Life and our futures seemed so easy then but little did we know (thankfully) the paths our perspective lives would take or that eventually oneday we'd end up living in the same town again and rekindling what has always been a strong friendship.  I am blessed to call Diana my friend and I thank the Lord for her support, love and friendship.

as I mentioned this year I'll be turning 50. Next month in fact - in exactly 26 days from tomorrow I'll finally be turning the big 5 0!!  I'll let you figure it out but here's a clue - my birthday's on that special day set aside for 'lovers and secret admirers'!  It's amazing really!!  Not so much that I'm turning 50 but where has the time gone??  Once upon a time 50 seemed so old (probably when I was 13 and the world was my oyster), but now I'm thinking 50 is the new 40 cause I definitely don't feel old.  Roy used to always call me a spring chicken, but I guess even spring chickens eventually age - and that's ok, as long as I don't become a tough old bird I'll be happy ;0)  Anyway you're only as old as you feel - the saying goes "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional" so I like to think I'm not quite grown up yet - occasionally.  Life needs to be fun and I am definitely open to some fun and new adventures this year.  Bring it on :0)

Today I again made a trip down to Wellington, this time for the baptism of my great nephew - wow now I do feel old because that makes me his great aunt - help!!  It was an awesome day even if it was again blowing like anything down there - we definitely don't go for the weather.  Roy's Mum, Aimee and Noah all came along too.  It is so nice to be able to spend time with family and friends and renew acquaintances. The only down side for me is that it leaves me feeling a wee bit unsettled.  It happened last week after I'd been and I feel it again now.  I feel just a little bit sad and empty - I guess the best way to describe it is a longing!! An if only feeling!!  So for now I feel a bit ho hum and hopefully it'll pass soon.

Last week I spoke with my boss and as yet the funding has not come through for my job and it could take another couple of weeks before we know whether the position will continue this year.  There was a job in last weeks paper which really appealed so I have been tweaking my CV and plan to apply for it, it's 15 hours a week so would fit in well should the funding come through for the English Language job.  I covet your prayers that the Lord will show me what His will is.  In the meantime I have plenty of sewing to get done as Aimee and I will be having a stall at the Waitangi Day Gala in Rongotea on yip that's right Waitangi Day.  We are praying for good weather and no wind ;0)

Well in the words of Woody Woodpecker "that's all folks" for another week.

Have an awesome week and stay safe.

Love and blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment