Monday 9 December 2013

Another 2 weeks has passed - where does the time go?  I think I need more hours in my day and maybe some more days in the week so I can get everything done.  I am starting to make a list of all jobs that need doing - so many 'little' and not so little things that Roy used to do and now I have to find time to do them along with all the other 'stuff' that fills my days. Thanks Hil for fixing my gate, hammering the nails back into the deck that had popped out and mowing my lawns.  Thanks to my Dad for spraying my weeds and trimming the 'triffid' bush.  I also have spouting that needs replacing; windows that really need painting - inside and out; a fence that needs it's nails hammered back in thanks to the neighbour boys kicking the ball against it; windows that need washing - I plan to do this when the wind stops blowing!! Oh and the lawn needs mowing again! Sometimes it is all just a little bit much and overwhelming.  Thank goodness the holidays are coming so I'll have time to do some of the jobs, but I'll def be needing volunteers to help with some of the others.

The last 2 weeks have gone very well, however yesterday (Sunday) was not a good day - it was 6 months (half a year!!) since Roy went home to be with the Lord. Boy did I cry a lot on Sunday. It didn't help that I was feeling very tired as I had been looking after my very cute but very energetic 9 month old grandson Noah since Thursday evening while his Mama and Papa were in Melbourne for the Bon Jovi concert. He was great and it all went really well, but I'm not used to having to have eyes everywhere and  I found myself missing Roy a lot over the past few days.  I take my hat off to grandparents who take on the care of their grandchildren for whatever reason, not that I wouldn't do the same if so called upon, but it is a HUGE commitment.  There is a reason God gives us children when we're young!!

As if the 6 month anniversary wasn't enough to contend with tomorrow I have to face another anniversary or should I say non-anniversary.  On the 10th December 1983 Roy and I were married and tomorrow would have been our 30th wedding anniversary.  So sad that we never made it but I do thank God that He blessed us with 29 1/2 years of life together.  Roy was first diagnosed with bladder cancer 25 years ago so every day and year God gave us truly was a blessing. He has also blessed us with 4 wonderful and loving children, 3 wonderful and loving children in law and 2 beautiful grandchildren.


I read the following from  "Meet Me in the Meadow" by Roy Lessin:

"Difficult things can cause us to ask, "Why did this happen?"
God may never reveal all His reasons to us, but He has revealed His character to us. His character assures us that He never makes mistakes, is never uncaring, and that He never separates Himself from our need."

What a comfort.

I don't know if the Lord will bless me with another 30 years on this earth, I hope so. If He does I don't know whether they will be years living alone or with a new love, but I trust that He has it all planned and will reveal things when His timing is right.  He will meet all my needs for He know me far better than I even know myself.  There is comfort in that too.

I can now reveal the good news I wrote about a month or so ago.  I am going to be an Oma again.  Tim and Yvette have been blessed with a baby, he/she is due in June.  This too is God's wonderful timing.  What a wonderful event to look forward esp as we face the 1 year anniversary of Roy's death.

On the quote front - no progress there I'm afraid as I am still waiting for 2 quotes.  I am planning to give them another few days and then decide.  In my book if you can't get a quote in when promised you really don't want the job.

Well I think that's pretty much it for now.  I'm actually to tired to think about what to write so I'm off for a soak in the bath with a lemon meringue bath bomb that smells heavenly and my book.

Till next time.

Love and blessings
Jolanda

No comments:

Post a Comment