Sunday 24 November 2013

It's been 2 weeks since I last posted here and it's been a great 2 weeks.  Thanks so much to everyone who read my last blog and sent me words of encouragement and support.  I find it very therapeutic to write my thoughts and feelings down and I felt 100% better after I was done.  The Lord is good and His timing is always spot on.  I received the following devotion via email last week and it is sort of a another take on the 'just pedal' idea.

Under God's Umbrella
God's umbrella has kept me from getting soaked. It has given me peace, hope, and even joy in the midst of the hardest times I've ever faced. Several years ago God allowed a storm to brew in my life that I never expected. It began as a drop, became a drizzle, and finally the heavens opened, and I found myself in an outright downpour.
After my storm began, I spent a lot of time trying to make sense of things. How could a loving God let this happen? Why wasn't He taking care of me? I still don't have the answers to all of those questions, but I no longer wonder if God loves me. I can see His hand even in times of difficult . I can sense Him grieving with me when I'm sad. Most of all, I have His umbrella over me, and His presence with me. There's a verse that says "His banner over me is love." I have my own version of that verse now: His umbrella over me is love!
I've also come to believe we don't have to wait for blue skies in order for God to use the rain that's fallen in our lives. That can start right here, right now. So wherever you are and whatever your storm may be, know that you are not alone. God is with you, and He is whispering messages about the rain to your heart that will change your world forever if you only dare to believe them.
-Excerpt by Holley Gerth, from her devotional book Under God's Umbrella:

What a comfort and what a joy.  What an awesome God we have.

The last few weeks have been very busy - trips to Palmy each week to look after Noah - I'm still enjoying that sooooo much, he really is a delight even when he decides he's not going to sleep in the afternoon.  I have also worked 4 mornings over the last 2 weeks which has been great - still loving my job.

The weather too has been wonderful so I've spent a lot of time outside in the garden.  I have had to replant some more bean plants as the slugs/birds devoured the first lot.  I have also planted some new seeds and hope they will come up this time, there is a reason they put expiry dates on seed packets. I am going to put some 'decorations' in the garden in the hope that it'll keep the birds out.  I have also put down slug pellets for the slugs to munch on. The lawns are looking great and I am managing to keep them under control. I have an overabundance of lemons which I am slowly finding homes for and using myself.  Nothing is more refreshing than a glass of freshly squeezed lemons with some lemonade - delicious.  I really need to get stuck into the flower garden soon as all the bulb plants are starting to look a bit untidy and dead.

Over the last 2 weeks I have been busy getting some quotes done so that I can get a rail and gate put around my very unsafe and illegal deck.  So far 2 quotes are in and they are poles apart in price.  I'm waiting on another one and have another builder coming to quote on Tuesday afternoon - then it'll be decision time. I have decided against making the deck bigger and will just get this deck up to standard - it'll be good to have it done should I decide to again put the house on the market - no plans at this stage to do that though.  Happy to stay where I am for the time being.

Yesterday Aimee and I did our first market.  It wasn't great sales wise for either of us - wrong clientele, but it has got us motivated to do some other markets, something that I didn't think I'd be up to doing with Roy not being here, but I'm keen to give some of them a go - local ones only though not the big ones like Martinborough Fair or Petone Fair.

I am starting to think there is something wrong with me!!!!!!!!  I've always been a night owl (Roy was the morning person, not me) and now I find myself yawning at 8.30pm and seriously thinking about going to bed at 9.30pm - not like me at all.  And now instead I wake up - yip I'm wide awake - at 6am.  Mind you it doesn't help when there are some very enthusiastic and way too chirpy birds singing at the top of their lungs at 5.30am.  I don't even seem to be able to sleep in anymore :0(  I must say though it is very nice to have the time in the morning to sit outside on the deck in the sunshine to eat my breakfast, drink my coffee and read a chapter or two of my book.  What a treat.

I love this time of the year - t-shirt, shorts and jandel weather and it isn't even officially summer yet.  The warm nights aren't so great, I'm finding I start off sleeping just under a sheet when I go to bed cause it's just too warm and it's only November!!  I have been thinking about taking Jack to the beach now that the evenings are  longer light but can't seem to get myself motivated to do it.  I really miss having someone to do that sort of thing with and other things too like going out for a meal, or going to a movie, or even believe it or not going to the stock cars on a Saturday night up in Palmy.  And along those lines kissing, romance and sex should be banned from TV - just saying!! ;0)

Well it's almost 9.30 again so nearly bedtime.  Hopefully Jack behaves tonight.  Last night he was in and out like a yoyo - that's not so bad but he was constantly barking when he was outside which is very unlike him and will not have impressed the neighbours, esp at 2am. There must be a hedgehog somewhere in the garden and he's not happy about it.  I wasn't so happy about it either as it meant I had to get up to check there wasn't someone skulking in my backyard and to 'sort' him out.  After a very stern telling off he stayed inside for the rest of the night - I think.

Well I wish you all God's blessing this week.

Love and hugs
Jolanda








No comments:

Post a Comment