Wednesday 18 December 2013

Merry Christmas to me ;0)

Today the trellis man and his right hand man came to install the new trellis railing around the deck and it looks amazing.  I am so please with the way it looks and it is definitely an improvement.  Jack however is not so pleased as now he can't look over the fence when someone comes down the drive. The only thing still missing is the gate as the one they had made is too big for the gap so they have to remake it, hopefully that will be installed tomorrow or Friday.


I think Roy would be very pleased too with the way it looks. I had a wee sad tearful moment after the guys had gone - a) because Roy wasn't here to see it and b) because I think he would have been proud that I organised this all by myself - heck I'm proud of myself.

Tuesday (my wedding anniversary) was an easier day than I'd thought it might be - a HUGE thanks to those who came to spend some time with me and to those who sent me words of encouragement via txts and emails.  Your love and support was very much appreciated.

Last weekend we had a family 'Christmas' although not everyone was able to make it.  It was nice to be able to spend sometime together and it was so nice watching Inge and Noah interacting together.  Inge is a clever wee girl who is talking heaps.  She is amazing at puzzles and it was funny watching Noah trying to 'help' her.

This week Tuesday was my last day of work for the year.  At this stage it is still up in the air whether there will be a job next year as it is dependent on whether they can get funding.  I am trusting that the Lord has this all sorted and either way there will be something for me in the New Year.

I just want to say a big thanks to all those who have followed my journey this past year by taking the time to read my blog.  Thanks too to those who continue to hold me before the Throne of Grace in their prayers, to those who regularly send me words of encouragement, to those who act as my sounding board when I'm feeling sad or frustrated and to those who send me gifts in mail - what lovely surprises they are.  Often I don't know who you are but I feel very blessed by your thoughtfulness, friendship and love.

I want to wish you all God's blessing this Christmas and may heaven's light shine on all that you do throughout 2014. May health and happiness come your way, may love fill your heart, may the Lord be your source of comfort and joy and may He grant you His peace. 

Till next year.

Love and blessings
Jolanda


No comments:

Post a Comment