Tuesday 6 August 2013

I'm home again after a lovely time away up in Auckland with my daughter, son in law and grand-son.  We drove up on Thursday and did heaps over the 3 days we were there.  We went to the Food Show, visited the Zoo and Kelly Tarlton's Sea Life Aquarium and we did shopping at the Sylvia Park shopping centre.

The Food Show was very interesting with lots to see, lots of samples to taste if you wanted them, cooking demonstrations to watch, but also a huge crowd - lots and lots and lots of people.  I'm not much of a crowd person so I was pleased when we decided we'd seen enough and it was time to go.

The Zoo was great, esp as it was a beautiful mild sunny day.  Nothing at all like what the weather forecast had said it was supposed to be.  In fact the weather was lovely the whole weekend. Lots of the blossom trees are already in flower up in Auckland and the looked stunning.

All in all we had a good time but I was pleased to be going home again on Monday - Auckland is just too big and busy for me - I'm a small town girl ;0)

Aimee, Noah and I left for home on Monday - we left Richard in Auckland as he has a 2 week bakery course up there which started on Monday. We had planned to stop half way for the night but decided in the end to drive all the way back to Aimee and Richard's place.  Noah traveled really well sleeping most of the trip.

The trip home this morning was a bit harder than I'd expected - it was the thought of coming home to an empty house and I missed Roy.  I am please however to have had this time away and even though coming home was hard it is another first that has now been done.  I am really looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight and just having my own space.

This has me wondering whether I will become a more selfish person now that I live alone??  I am not saying that people who live alone are thereby selfish, but the reality is that I can do what I want, when I want and how I want.  I am no longer accountable to someone (well that's actually not quite true as I am accountable to the Lord) but I no longer need to 'share' with anyone on a daily basis. I'll have to remember to look outside the 'box' of me.

My plan for this week is to look into getting my study sorted out - hopefully it all falls into place.

I know this weeks blog isn't so exciting or inspiring - but I'm not feeling very inspired at the moment, I must be tired and in need of a good nights sleep.

Have a blessed week till next time.

Love
Jolanda



No comments:

Post a Comment