Sunday 6 October 2013

Last week I tried to write my blog but things just weren't flowing so I gave up.  So here I am again giving it another go.

Herewith are the highlights of the past 2 weeks:

The car went in for her service and came out with a clean bill of health and me a number of $$ poorer.  NZ didn't manage to win the America's cup and although it was sad moment after all their dedication and hardwork life does go on and I'm sure they'll live to sail another day.

The never ending saga with lawn mowing continues to be the bane of my life.  Yes I've had lawn mower troubles again - after doing a bit of lawn I once again couldn't restart the mower - I was starting to think I was getting weaker rather than stronger.  I checked the petrol and there was def some in the tank so I had no idea why the machine would start.  Out of sheer frustration and anger I burst into tears - I was so angry at Roy for dying and leaving me with lawns to mow!!  How crazy is that!!!  Anyway after I'd calmed down from my wee melt down I rang my Dad and he came round and low and behold he couldn't start the mower either. That did make me feel a whole lot better I must admit.  He fiddled with the air filter, and checked the oil and petrol but she was a no goer.  We decided to leave it for the time being and Dad was going to talk to my brother.  To cut a long story short Dad came back the next day and discovered that although there was petrol in the tank there was not enough petrol - apparently, so he topped it up and she went like a charm.  Feeling a little sheeppish but the lesson I have here-by learnt is if she doesn't go feed her some fuel ;-)

Needless to say this week I again have to mow some lawns - grass grows very fast at this time of the year so it feels like an never ending job.

Besides lawn mowing (I promise not to write about it next week - haha yeah right!!) I've been on holiday again.  Yip this time I took a road trip all by myself and went to visit family in Hawkes Bay. The driving went really well, but the down side of travelling by yourself is that you have way too much time to think even with music playing, so there were a few tears on the way up due to memories and on the way home too but I blame them on 2 songs on the cd by Bread that I was listening too.  It's funny the unexpected things that just hit a nerve when you least expect it.

I had an awesome time in Hastings, spending time with family and friends, interacting with Inge and reading heaps and heaps of books together, going to the aquarium, going for walks, playing heaps of games, good food, good conversations and relaxing.  I must admit that I thought the Sunday morning service was going to be hard as part of the text that Pastor David was preaching on was my wedding text (Philippians 1:24a)  but it was all good and Pastor David had an awesome sermon.

It was a good first to face and I look forward to doing it again.  Coming home was easier this time and Jack sure was pleased to see me.  Apparently he'd been a bit off his food while I was away so he must have been missing me - how nice to be missed by someone even if it is the dog!!

These past 2 weeks I have had a few issues with ACC, Work and Income and the credit card!  ACC and the credit card have been sorted and I sent a letter to Work and Income but to date have had no response so that is now a pending matter.

I am applying for another job and this time I'd really love to get it. It's only for 3 hours on a Tuesday but it's a good start.  I'll let you know how it goes and tell you more about it then.  Thanks again to my sister-chick Jackie for looking over and tweaking my CV.  I am also going to be looking after grandson Noah one day a week while his Mama and Papa work.  I am really looking forward to that.  Next weekend he is coming to spend Sat night with Oma while his parents go away to celebrate their 5th wedding anniversary.  Not sure how much sleep I'll be getting Sat night.  It also suddenly struck me what to do with him when I have a shower in the morning  - I tried to think back to when my own children were that little and I honestly can't remember what I did.  He'll just have to hang-out in the port-a-cot with some toys till I'm done.

This past week I have also done a bit of work on promoting my business - I have contacted two outlets to see whether they might be interested in stocking some of my items - to date I haven't heard anything back but nothing ventured nothing gained.  I have prayed about it and it is now in the Lord's hands.

I am also trying to decide whether or not to carry on with the Rawleigh side of the business.  It is really, really frustrating.  On Friday I lost 3 potential customers as I was not able to supply them with the items they were after.  At the moment I am unable to stock a number of medicinal items because they come from Australia - something to do with Pharmac I think???  I don't really understand it all!!   All I am allowed to do is mail order for my customers and Rawleigh sends the product directly to them at Rawleigh's cost, however even that is becoming frustrating because one of the items is once again out of stock and I have a number of customers who have paid and are waiting for their product.  I was told that the product would be in NZ by the end of Sept, but apparently it is still waiting to pass a quality control check and only then can it be booked onto a boat and shipped over.  At this rate it won't be here till the end of the month.  Things better start improving or I don't think it'll be worth my while carry on next year when my membership come up for renewal.

This past week I finally finished the custom orders that I had and they will be sent away on Monday.  I sure hope the lady likes them - I think they look great.  I am now sewing some new outfits for Inge and I will post some photos next week when they are done.

So all in all it's been a good couple of weeks full of both highs and lows - and that's ok.  I have had a number of people mention to me that I am doing very, very well and I think I am coping well but it does make me wonder if "the other shoe is yet to drop".  I guess if it happens it happens and I'll face it then and I'm sure there will be plenty of people to help pick up the piece.  I trust that the Lord knows what He has in store for my life and He will reveal it to me in His good time.  This week it'll be 4 months since Roy's death - so short and yet I feel I have come so far.

I am wanting/needing to do some renovations on the outside of the house.  I have a rather high concrete deck which needs a rail to stop grand-children from falling off, not that they purposely plan to fall off but the combination of little children and a big dog could have a bad outcome.  I'd also like to lower and extend the wooden part of the deck to make it more versatile.  Son Tim maybe be able to come up and do the work, but if there is anyone out there who is good with a pencil and paper and would like to draw a picture for me of what I want then please let me know.

On a far lighter note this weekend I did my housework.  Yes I do do it regularly I am a Dutch housewife afterall.  What struck me this time was that I actually enjoyed doing my housework because I knew that everything was going to stay clean until 'I' decided to use it.  No-one was going to come and wash dirty hands in my nice clean sink until I did, or use my shiny clean shower or toilet until I did - it was very satisfying in a weird sort of way. Haha!!!!

Well I think that is definitely enough rambles for another week.

Wishing you all a blessed week and may the weather continue to get better.  Loving the longer daylight in the evenings very much.

Till next time much love
Jolanda







1 comment:

  1. say I would like to come and visit you. Are we aloud to use the toilet ??? Ha ha

    ReplyDelete